Head of IT Operations
We are seeking an experienced Head of IT Operations to lead our dynamic team in Hemel Hempstead
Role: Head of IT Operations
Salary: £75k per annum
Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK
Eckoh is an exciting, fast growing technology company providing large enterprises, who operate or use Contact Centre services, with innovative Customer Engagement solutions and Secure Payment services. Our clients include some of the largest and best-known brands across the world.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our clients make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
We are seeking an exceptional Head of IT Operations who will join a global IT team, based in the UK and US. The team are in the process of moving to a Cloud Native technology base and moving our platform from Physical to a cloud hosted platform to ensure we can support both our UK clients and US clients as the business continues to grow. The individual needs to have experience in working in a change and transformation environment, being able to manage the here and now BAU as well as the new world through the transition.
The role will report to the Global IT Director and will be responsible for a team of 9 with 3 direct reports covering the 24/7 Network Operations function, Change Management and IT Administration (Reporting, asset management, procurement, Stock control etc).
Key functional responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and delivering the technical operations to meet our clients contracted SLAs, and exceed expectations
- Strong client focus and comfortable presenting to ‘C’ level across Eckoh’s Enterprise client base, including working with colleagues around the business, defining and executing on continual service improvement plans
- Responsible for staff recruitment, performance assessments, training, and career development
- Responsible for headcount planning and personal development of team members at all levels
- Responsible for the team’s diverse activities and accountable for managing the successful day to day operations
- Ability to manage and negotiate with external suppliers, delivering on budget management and cost control
- Accountable for the operation of services in line with PCI and ISO27001 audits, working with colleagues ensuring cross functional alignment
- Leading incident management function, through First response, RCA, and owning remediation/improvement activities
- Management of the pipeline of Change requests for configuration or development requests within the platforms, working with the support/ development teams involved and communicating directly with the requestor of the change and Client liaison directly and through the account management Team.
- Monthly Reporting of SLAs, KPIs to Board and to clients
- Reports to the Global IT Director
- Key stakeholders – (UK) Clients, Account Management team, Technical Teams Leads, Security team; (US) Delivery/ Implementation, and Projects/Support teams
- Pursues excellence in all aspects of internal and client relations.
- Lead, motivate, challenge and manage the team to deliver by demonstrating professionalism, energy, drive, and encouraging the best from everyone
- Must be able to communicate ideas effectively and be able to think on their feet.
- Organised and meticulous, tenacious and consistent.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across functions and organisations.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong people skills, able to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels globally both internally and externally
What we're looking for:
- Experience and knowledge of customer engagement solutions, in a service
- Experience and knowledge of PCI DSS compliant payment solutions.
- Exposure to the PCI DSS/ISO27001/ISO9001 Frameworks
- A strong understanding of on-premise and cloud computing environments.
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage and reduce costs
- Act as a role model to the team and mentor on technology and process related matters and provide leadership to 1st and 2nd Line Technical staff, and aligning resourcing needs to the business goals
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement, business interface and change management skill set
- Having cultivated strong and effective industry relationships/contacts track record of leading globalisation and centralisation of IT operations
We work in an award-winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, we're a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. We're serious about what we do, but we certainly have a sense of humour. Eckoh is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
Our values sit at the hear of the culture at Eckoh:
- We Encourage and support everyone to grow with Eckoh
- We Challenge, listen, and are open minded to change and suggestions from others.
- As trusted advisors, we use our Knowledge to solve challenges and deliver the best for our clients.
- We take personal Ownership to strive for excellence in whatever we do
- We are welcoming, embrace diversity and respect each other in a spirit of true Humanity
- 25 days holiday which increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
So, if you want to join a global IT team, dedicated to delivering a world class service to enterprise level clients and be a key member of a transformation project then you should consider working here at Eckoh. Find out more about our team and culture here.